Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

I love my blog. Really I do.

I know I'm not the worst blogger ever yet, but I'm totally in contention.
 And I have no good excuses, at least not that I'm willing to share here...privacy and not making you scream, "My eyes, my eyes!" and all. But there is little bad and much good happening. Just busy, busy.
I have two fun things coming up, though, that I'm excited about. First, the annual conference is having a meeting of young clergy next week, and I got invited. Seriously, I called the conference office, because young clergy for our purposes is usually described as 35 and under, and I aged out a few years ago. Luckily, they noticed how few people that would include, and so they've decided that under 40 counts. I'm young again, at least for a year or two. And some of my classmates did some work on attracting and retaining young clergy in the UMC, so I have their work to draw on. This is happy making, even though I'm also angry with the conference and planning a little truth-telling.
And two, my DMin Cabal classmates and I are going to be teaching an online seminar with the Wayne E. Oates Institute next fall, I think. We had planned all along to do a joint writing project; writing articles about our seminar topics will give us a start on that. And I have not one, but two articles I want to write that I hope will actually turn into books. I need to figure out where I want to try to publish it--it will make some small differences in the writing. So there we are. Now I just need to do the work. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.