Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

We've corrupted the dog

Today was a lazy Memorial Day for us. Little on the agenda...chores, getting ready for this weekend's trip to see Ben's nephew get married, a trip to town to look at what became my new toy--a red Asus eee netbook.
But that has nothing to do with the dog. This morning, we all decided to sleep in for a while. For me that meant about 9:30, at which point my back woke me up and I came into the living room for some recliner time. At about 10:15, the WonderMutt jumped off the bed (where I had left him with Ben) and wandered into the living room. I asked him if he wanted to go outside, and he went back into the bedroom. A few minutes later we did the same routine again, with the added twist that I actually got up and but somewhat appropriate clothes to take him out...and he got back into the bed. The third time, I finally got it: he wanted me to get back into the bed with him and Ben...so I did, long enough to get them both up so we could get to work. We've ruined the dog.

1 comment:

  1. oh ruined? i don't think so... i think perhaps cletus the wondermutt is training you & Ben quite well! *hee hee*

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.