Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I'm running away from home.

I am taking an extra day off this week to Christmas shop and feed my soul. I will be busy but I am so looking forward to it:
Coffee and a visit to the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke with a new clergywoman friend
Pottery shopping in Seagrove NC, for Christmas gifts and an addition or two to my collection (staying 2 nights...nothing happens after 5 pm so there will be evening resting)
A trip to Trader Joe's...always fun and good for me
A run through the outlets in Smithfield
Watching dvds I want to see...no action movies for me. "Cars" and "Pan's Labyrinth" and whatever I download from Netflix.
I might even go to the zoo on Friday (but I doubt it...pottery calls!)
I am going all by myself. As an extrovert, part of me cringes, and I invited several people to go, but no one could make it fit into their schedule. I'm okay with that. I do get energized from spending time with other people, but I've got enough introvert in me to really enjoy these occasional times on my own. I'll post photos of my treasures and my travels when I get back.

1 comment:

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.