Pages

Friday, January 26, 2007

Today's Newsletter Article (I'm Out)

Ponderous Thoughts

Evangelization is a process of bringing the gospel to people where they are, not where you would like them to be… When the gospel reaches a people where they are, their response to the gospel is the church in a new place...--Vincent Donovan

Well, we can’t deny it anymore—the internet is a significant force in our world. I get most of my news from the internet. Most of my mail is now electronic (email). I bought more than half of the gifts I gave for Christmas online, and Ben and I even pay most of our bills online. Our church uses the internet to communicate through our church website. Christians are now finding more and more creative ways to share the gospel of Jesus Christ through the internet. Just today a friend from Kinston emailed me a link to a website that uses people’s birthdays to select their “birth verse” from the Bible…okay, some of the stuff online is just plain silly, and some of it’s incorrect or inconsistent with what we know about Jesus Christ, but there’s a lot of good stuff out there, too.
There’s this thing called a weblog, or blog, that I’ve kind of gotten hooked on. A blog is an online journal, which allows the blog owner (blogger) to share thoughts on pretty much anything they want, and can allow others to comment on what the blogger has shared. Christians can use blogs to share their faith or just talk about whatever’s going on in their lives. I know one blogger who trades recipes in her blog and another who used his blog to post daily commentary about a conference he was attending.
I’d like to invite you to visit my blog at www.storiesandfaith.blogspot.com. It’s my place, where I go and basically write journal entries for public consumption. In it, I tell about my life and what I’m thinking. Hopefully, from time to time someone will stumble on it and we can have a real conversation about faith and what it means to be a Christian, or maybe we’ll just swap recipes. I’m just hoping it’s a way to be the church in a new place, where I can continue to come to know Christ better and to better make Christ known.
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.