Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Going public

I'm going public...at least as far as the church is concerned. Tomorrow when I write the church newsletter, I'll let the church in on this blog. That means a couple of things:
I'm taking a risk in doing this...I'm losing this space as an opportunity to vent freely (and not have to repent later).
I won't necessarily say everything I think, or write about everything I feel strongly about. I've already removed a "rant" I posted last week, because it was, in fact, a rant. I don't want to be held responsible for all of it. I was being kind of dramatic. Hopefully, after some careful editing, I'll repost it soon.
The biggest risk I'm taking is that I'm being pretty human here, and pretty vulnerable. When I write about what's going on in my life, or what I'm excited or upset about, I'm basically giving you access to little pieces of myself. And I have to trust you, dear reader, to accept me as human. I'm going to be wrong, sometimes. We're going to have to agree to disagree some of the time. You're not going to like everything I write, think, do, or say. And (dare I say it), the feeling is probably mutual.
Let's face it: if we were all just alike, the world (and especially the church) would be boring. In the Body of Christ, we are all unique, and have differing gifts and personalities. I see this space as an opportunity for me to share my passion for Christ (and chocolate, and stories, and many other things) with whoever's interested.
So here we are.
Welcome, friends.
Let's have some fun.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...talk about a big step of faith! May God bless you in your openness and guide your words (fingers?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice. There are a few pastors' blogs that are great fun to read, but you can't help wondering what sort of explosion will erupt if their churches ever find out.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.