Pages

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Lazy days

You know, if you looked at the condition of my house, you'd think what I really need is to take a couple days off and clean. And I agree, someone needs to...but I think what I really need are more days like today. I slept until I woke up (without the assistance of the alarm clock or my furry children), I did some chores around here and worked a little in the church, had lunch with friends, and I still have the whole evening to go. In fact, I think I could make a case that I need days lazier than today...but at least I had some fun.
I honestly think that's what was wrong with me on Wednesday...I think I was just overtired. I was pretty lazy on Thursday, too. And I have a plan to make sure I take a whole day off next week--I'm running away from home.
I wish I were going somewhere exotic, but I'm not. Just a quick visit to see Mom and Dad, deliver their respective birthday gifts (and some Christmas for Dad; I'm not sure how I left that stuff out). I'm looking forward to it. There will be plenty of time just for me, plenty for shopping (but I think I'm buying a new computer, so that's really out), and plenty for visiting. And then I can come home and get back to work!
I have promised to take a retreat day in February, and I know I really need to do it before the new service starts and I get even busier on Sundays. Haven't quite figured out what I want to do yet...maybe go away for a night or two, maybe just grab a bag of books and some snacks and plant myself somewhere. I'll have to think about it some more. I'm not very good at relaxing--I'm always looking for something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.