Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Some other thoughts on Lent

Each year after Christmas, I begin the search for material for my Tuesday morning Bible study group for Lent.
This year's search was fruitless.
We have ended up revisiting a great book we enjoyed a few years ago (On the Edge of the Crowd by James Sargent). The premise is that we are reading letters written by Eli, who was on the fringes of the movement around Jesus. It's pretty entertaining, especially given that I just preached on Nicodemus--what does it mean to be a part of the crowd?
I did find some sort of random Lenten-ness:
From NEUE magazine, an article on fasting from the self-censoring and self-judging voice in our head. I was with them right until the end.
From Paraclete Press, from whom I occasionally find wonderful things: a drive to write 1,000,000,000 letters to God on Facebook.
Still on the fence about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.