Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday 5: Baby Showers

From Jan over at the RevGals:

Friends are giving my daughter-in-law AA a baby shower, which happily brought her and DC down for a visit to Corpus Christi. looking forward to having my first grandchild in two months and all these preparations, like baby showers, are getting me excited! So I hope you'll participate in telling about your likes and dislikes about baby showers for you and for others.

1. What were baby showers like for you and your friends in the past?
I've managed to avoid baby showers somehow. Not having children helps, I expect. Love the idea, though, when it's executed well. Love to laugh at the stories of when it's not.
2. Did you play games? What kinds?
No, thank goodness. I'm not a silly party games kind of girl.
3. In your job, especially if you are a pastor, do you get invited to a lot of baby showers? What do you do about them?
Not so much. I have a set gift for showers: a recipe book that can be added to, seeded with some favorite local recipes, for weddings, and the ubiquitous burp cloths for baby showers. One day I hope to make my own, but my sister assures me you can never have enough.
4. Are baby showers different for our daughters (or younger friends) than they were for us?
No clue.
5. Do you like hosting baby showers or do you avoid that responsibility?
It hasn't come up. Weird. I'm old enough to have children in high school, as many of my peers do.
Bonus: Any silliness about baby showers you wish to contribute.
I got nothin'. Perhaps this wasn't the best F5 for me to do, but hey, I'm in anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.