Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

New toys and a lost mind

I may have lost my mind...but:
I have bought 2 sewing machines in the last couple of weeks. One is a 1951 Singer 403 A, manufactured (possibly) in Anderson, SC. Once I get it cleaned and oiled and pretty, I mean to sell my "old" Simplicity machine from Walmart (circa 2002 or so) and make the 403 my primary machine.
Primary may be a bit of a misnomer, as I haven't sewn anything since we moved, and I haven't sewn anything difficult since junior high school. But I want to.
The other sewing machine is a Singer 99. I don't have a date on this one yet because it hasn't arrived; I'm hoping to have it shipped from its old home mid-week and get it here the first of the following week. Would love to have it by Labor Day, but I'm not holding my breath. This beauty (which could be as "young" as the 403 or as much as thirty years older) may be just something lovely to look at, but I'm hopeful it becomes the tool for sewing leather, of which I have a 10 lb. box of fair-sized scraps and a yen to play.
So I've not been blogging, and here's why. I've had this crazy virus that makes me want to sleep, a lot. Like 3 hour naps and then a full night's sleep. I saw the doc 10 days ago (after a week in which I slept through work one day and then a couple of days later, went to bed at 7pm and didn't get up until 10am) and he did a bunch of blood work, all of which showed nothing of concern. So it's either sleep apnea, which I don't believe, or some virus. Now, which virus is a mystery, for a couple of reasons. It could be a flu or mono, or something else. I haven't noticed a big change in the amount of joint pain I have, because I nearly always have some. Same goes for sinus symptoms; I have enough allergies to go around. And it's not worth doing a whole lot of testing for something that's going to go away on its own. Sometime.
And I'm dying for creative things to do, and I don't have energy to do them. We've still not finished unpacking, I can't even get to the boxes of craft toys in the closet, and all I want to do is sleep. So instead I'm buying things for later. I should stop that.
And I have a list of projects as long as my arm...which I will get to. And possibly blog. Right now, despite this afternoon's 3 hour nap, it's time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.