Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wish I had a picture...

The dog was pitching a hissy fit in the yard, using most of his peke-vocabulary: yips, barks, squeaks, and some noises that are simply undescribable--and so I went outside to see what his issue was.
There were kittens born under my house a couple of years ago. Most of them, along with their mother, were adopted by someone in the neighborhood. One in particular likes to come back and visit, and torment the dog. Sometimes he sits in the kayak and just stares at the WonderMutt to make him wig out. So that, of course, is what I was expecting the problem to be.
I looked out into the yard and didn't see anything. It being after 10 pm and the cat being black, I didn't think anything of it, until I saw movement close to the kayak (under the eaves to the right of the door). I said "kitty kitty" and saw a funny looking critter trundling away.
Not a cat.
A possum.
Glad it didn't come when I called it.

2 comments:

  1. LOL... yuck! ick! ooh... are they ugly critters or what??? they give me the heebie jeebies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey RevAnne...life has been sort of life-in-the-fast-lane-crazy. I love the idea of the purple butterfly stole. I must be brain-dead b/c I cannot find you email.

    Here is mine
    purplespeaking(at)gmail(dot)com...and I'll send you my address.

    Grateful

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.