Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Poetry Party: Light and Shadow



Christine at Abbey of the Arts offers this image for poetic contemplation. Since it's been so long since I played, I thought I'd give this one a shot.



In each of us are
light and shadow
hope and fear
joy and pain

We live as paradox
holding in tension
conflicting truths
and opposing emotions

What glue holds us
keeps us from flying apart
gives us strength in weakness
and humility with our pride?

What makes us whole
instead of two halves
brings us into the light
paints us with joyous color?

1 comment:

  1. beautiful words celebrating integration Anne, thank you for your offering!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.