Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

must.blog.more.

I have a good excuse for not blogging. Honest, I do.
I was worn out last week from the Arts Festival, and the project evaluation is this Thursday, so I'm getting ready for that. (By which I mean, right this minute, blogging during commercials while I watch "Firefly" episodes. Again.)
This past weekend, we had the UMW yard sale, which was a huge success--and tiring. And we have another yard sale to come at the end of June, to support the new Loaves and Fishes ministry.
In case I haven't mentioned that one, the Beaufort Fellowship of Churches (local ministerial association) is starting a non-profit called Loaves and Fishes of Beaufort. We hope to house a local food pantry and thrift store, consolidate some local ministries, and give support to more. It's pretty good stuff.
And Saturday afternoon, in a brief coma (due to the afore-mentioned yard sale), I conceived the notion of taking my mother out to supper for mother's day.
She lives just over 4 hours away, so I spent the night.
I've been busy, but it's been good.

5 graces recap:
successful project
successful yard sale
clergy and churches working together
supper with Mom (we ended up eating in...scallops and shrimp...yum!)
back at home and back at it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.