Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Busy, busy bee

After Lent's false start last week with the stomach yuck, this week seems to be more productive. I didn't realize how hard it would be to try to be the best me this Lent, or as I described it to someone recently, what I'm giving up for Lent this year is the dark smudges under my eyes.
I've got better on sleep and I feel more rested, although I did sleep ten hours last night and was late to a meeting this morning. Oh, well. I needed the sleep. And I went home and got on the exercise bike for a little while; if I'd only had fresh food in the house, I could have made myself a good lunch. Small steps, I think.
And my doctoral project is moving forward. In talking to a friend earlier this week, I realized that what I need is a concrete plan for what I want to be doing and where I want to be doing it. I've always been sort of relaxed about things, waiting to see where time took me. Now, though, I've got some things I really want to do, and i''m afraid if I don't plan to do them, they'll never happen. So I'm going to be thinking about how to structure that. Do I need a 5 year plan? A 10 year plan? Do I want to try just setting a series of goals, and maybe not need deadlines? I don't know. Much to ponder, and to pray on. It's all exciting, and I don't want to get overwhelmed or to let something slip by me. That happens all too often.

Here are five graces for today. I'm trying to do better with these, honest!
1: a great planning team meeting for the Arts Festival, which is the focus of my DMin project.
2: today I spent some time doing something good for myself. I didn't hate it too much, and for once I didn't resent the time.
3: I feel a little more on top of things today.
4: I had a sleepover at a friend's house (half-way to the meeting earlier this week) and we had a "Mamma Mia" sing-a-long with chocolate and nuts and a fun dog to play with.
5: Tomorrow is my day off. Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.