Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

It's been raining all day (and last night) and for the first time in a while, the weather's got me feeling kind of down. I haven't adjusted well to the time change; I've been waking up early, thinking it's too bright outside and I must have overslept, and then it's hard to go back to sleep.
So here's today's writing exercise:
From the Imagination Prompt Generator:
Where do your feelings come from?
Hmmm...I tend to be pretty intuitive although I can certainly manage to reason things to death, too. I waver on the feeling/thinking part of the Meyers-Briggs, depending on what else is happening in my life. But basically I think this is an unanswerable question! Where do feelings come from? Somewhere inside, I suppose. I won't say "the soul" because I can be pretty mean sometimes, and I'd hate to think of that as a spiritual condition. I don't think in philosophical/psychological terms like ego and id. I think feelings just come, from some mysterious place inside us. They can be shaped by what happens in our lives, they can be appropriate or inappropriate, but in essence, they just are.
Bleah.
I feel the same about this post as I do about the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.