Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Five Funnies Edition

From Presbyterian Gal:
1. What was your favorite comic strip as a child?
Peanuts, hands down. At one time or another, I identified with almost all the characters. And that dog...who could not love Snoopy and the happy dance?

2. Which comic strip today most consistently tickles your funny bone?
Non Sequitur. If I could only read one, that would be it. Sarcastic, timely, always fun.

3. Which Peanuts character is closest to being you?
Sometimes I think I'm Charlie Brown, other times I fear I'm Lucy. Haven't hung out a shingle yet, though.

4. Some say that comic strips have replaced philosophy as a paying job, so to speak. Does this ring true with you?
Yep. I'd rather read comics than news, too, but I love that comics have "grown up" and are relevant to adults, too. Sort of like the "Animaniacs". I miss them.

5. What do you think the appeal is for the really long running comic strips like Blondie, Family Circus, Dennis the Menace as some examples?
We get to connect to a story that is at least in some way our own. Why else would I be reading "For Better or For Worse", now that the story has started over? I want to see if anything comes out different. Plus, I never knew (until this week!) how they got Farley. Love that dog, too!


Bonus question: Which discontinued comic strip would you like to see back in print?
It's a tie: Bloom County and the Far Side. Or maybe Calvin and Hobbes...

2 comments:

  1. Non Sequitur is a good one! You might like Ballard Street too.

    Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh bloom county seems to be popular... so if you haven't hung out a shingle have you at least sold lemonade?

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.