1. Is anyone going back to school, as a student or teacher, at your house? How's it going so far?
Oh yeah, I'm in a DMin program. I'm having a little difficulty getting motivated this fall. Anyone want to do research for me?
2. Were you glad or sad when back-to-school time came as a kid?
Sad to lose the long days of freedom, but I love school. Always have.
3. Did your family of origin have any rituals to mark this time of year? How about now?
There was the ceremonial buying of the school supplies, but that was about it.
4. Favorite memories of back-to-school outfits, lunchboxes, etc?
I remember cute little metal lunchboxes with thermoses in them. My sandwich always got smushed. Eventually, I switched to paper bags, then finally became to cool to pack my lunch.
5. What was your best year of school?
There were lots of things going on in my life as a child that made it difficult. I think my best years of school were in college...I finally had peers who were more like me, and got involved with a coed service fraternity that became my new family.