It's Friday afternoon, Eastern Time, and this is your faithful Songbird with a calendar-related Friday Five. Due to some confusion with our dates, I'm stepping in today, although I am usually here only on the 5th Friday, when there is such a thing.
Here are five things to ponder about dates. I hope you'll play!
1) Datebooks--how do you keep track of your appointments? Electronically? On paper? Month at a glance? Week at a glance?
I use MS Office Outlook for my calendar. Sometimes I sync it with a Palm z22. It's limited, but I'm not very reliable at using it, so it all balances out. I usually print my calendar (week at a glance) for portability and notetaking.
2) When was the last time you forgot an important date?
Hmmm...it's been a few weeks, but not very many. I get overconfident with the calendar and slack off, and then I get myself in trouble...
3) When was the last time you went OUT on a date?
Ben and I try to go out at least once a week. Notice I said try. Clergy couple dating is for the birds, and we've both been feeling off lately. Hopefully we're both getting our energy back. Wonder what's playing at the movies? As for our last date, last week we went out to dinner as an intentional date (as opposed to not wanting to cook/clean the kitchen).
4) Name one accessory or item of clothing you love even though it is dated.
Long skirts, definitely. No maxi dresses--I don't want to sweep the floor. But I do love an ankle length skirt.
5) Dates--the fruit--can't live with 'em? Or can't live without 'em?
Yucky, definitely. That's one food on the nutritionist's no-no list that is easy for me to avoid.