Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

Vacation Thought Friday Five

Sally offers:
It is a holiday weekend here in the UK, and the weather forecast for much of the country is not good!!! But we can still dream and so with that in mind I bring you this Friday Five.

1. Getting ready for summer, do you use the gradual tanning moisturisers ( yes gentlemen you too can answer this!!!), or are you happy to show your winter skin to the world?
I don't tan. I could do, used to tan very well as a child, but I just don't spend the time on it. And I'm allergic to so much, I've never even tried a tanning lotion. My skin is what it is, and it's usually SPF'd.

2.Beach, mountains or chilling by the pool, what/ where is your favourite getaway?
The beach is always my preference, especially when it's not summer. Since we live at the coast, I can always find water to make me happy. Ben prefers the mountains, and they are very close and satisfactory second.

3.Are you a summer lover or does the long break become wearing?
There's no long break for me; our church is busy and this summer I'm going to NJ for 3 weeks of classes. I prefer spring and fall, though, even winter, really, to summer. I don't like to be too hot.

4.Active holidays; hiking swimming sailing, or lazy days?
Lazy, mostly. I like to play tourist, but walking around a historic site or museum (or a little shopping, if I'm somewhere good for that) is all the exercise I want on a vacation.

5.Now to the important subject of food, if you are abroad do you try the local cuisine, or do you prefer to play it safe?
Definitely local food, unless it's something I completely can't identify. I have this issue with food textures, and I don't like to be surprised by what's in my food. Surprised by flavor, good. Suprised by texture, disastrous.

No bonus this week unless you can think one up!!!
My bonus is that I've run away from home to spend a night with my mom, my sister, and my fabulous niece. She's being put to bed, hence time for a late Friday Five.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you prefer winter to summer? Interesting!

    By about February, I am longing for more sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, enjoy the family-woman time! Good play...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was kidding. NYC is a summer festival! Although we do have a few humid days.

    NJ is beautiful in the summer! They have great beaches-if you're going near the coast-and they don't call it the Garden State for nothing-great fresh produce, lots of farm stands and fresh tomatoes, corn berries etc. You'll love it. And it you come to NYC, email me at jacounselor@mac.com. We'll have coffee!

    BTW good play. Allergies, yuck. Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! You've RUNNOFT! I love it. HAve a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.