Pages

Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Five De-cluttering edition

This week's challenge from Sally:
Making the most of our resources is important, I have been challenged this week by the amount of stuff we accumulate, I'd love to live a simpler lifestyle, it would be good for me, and for the environment I think...With that in mind I bring you this Friday 5:

1. Are you a hoarder or a minimalist?
Yes. I mean to be a minimalist, anyway. But I have the de rigeur book fetish, and so I always move more boxes of books than anything else. Until I got married, it was more boxes of books than all other boxes combined. But I have my scrapbooking supplies, and my pottery collection, and my Noah's Ark collection, and my camera...

2. Name one important object ( could be an heirloom) that you will never part with.
Probably my phone. No, sometimes I'd like to pitch it out the window. I don't think I have just one thing, but excluding Ben and the critters, if I could only save one thing it would be my eyeglasses. Mundane, I know, but I can't see much of anything without them, so the computer, and the scrapbooks, and the crochet projects, and the collectibles, and the books would all be pretty much useless without them.

3. What is the oldest item in your closet? Does it still fit???
Right now I think the oldest thing is a pair of jeans...and no, they don't, they're too big! ;-)

4.Yard sales- love 'em or hate 'em ?
Hate to hold 'em, love to browse them.

5. Name a recycling habit you really want to get into.
If I didn't have a WonderMutt I'd compost & garden for sure...meanwhile, I am loving FreeCycle and Craigslist.

And for a bonus- well anything you want to add....
Did I mention the office supply fetish? I don't so much want to organize as I want to be surrounded by lovely organize-y things. I didn't mention it? Good. Forget I
asked.

7 comments:

  1. A friend told me yesterday she attends Clutterers Anonynous meetings and has committed to filling one bag a week to throw or give away. :-)

    And I'm right there with you on the office supplies. I had to tell my secretary not to let me order any more post-it notes until we don't have any left at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good play! As I wrote on my work blog today, we're delving into composting and gardening... our dog population notwithstanding. The compost is in a container, so no problem, and they seem to understand boundaries, so we'll see how well that works when we plant stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, I wanted to visit your blog because your name is ANNE. That's my middle name and my daughter's first name. When she was in high school she took the "e" off, but sometime in college brought it back.

    I hadn't thought of eyeglasses to save--but since I accumulate books rapidly and love them, I would also need my reading glasses!

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point about the eyeglasses. For me, I guess it would have to be contacts and glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I assumed I'd have my contacts in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you find having dogs makes us less materialistic? When she chews something up, I have to take the philosophical view.

    gret play!

    ReplyDelete
  7. RevAnne and Cletus, we have posted your interview questions! Go see...

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.