Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2007

RevGalBlogPals Friday 5

This one is made for me:

1. Fiction what kind, detective novels, historical stuff, thrillers, romance????
Near 'bout anything but I love thrillers and science fiction, and stories about vampires...

2. When you get a really good book do you read it all in one chunk or savour it slowly?
All in one chunk, if I can find the time. And then I have a second reading to look forward to down the line...

3. Is there a book you keep returning to and why?
Although it may be a cliche, I read the Lord of the Rings trilogy every few years, along with the Chronicles of Narnia. I also love To Kill a Mockingbird.

4. Apart from the Bible which non-fiction book has influenced you the most?
Usually whichever I read most recently...A Generous Orthodoxy by Brian McLaren has certainly taken up a disproportionate number of brain cells lately. Also Richard Foster's Celebration of Discipline

5. Describe a perfect place to read. ( could be anywhere!!!)
Curled up in the corner of a couch or comfy chair with a cat in my lap and a cup of coffee close at hand...

1 comment:

  1. I never read The Lord of the Rings growing up; my husband introduced me to the books about five years ago. I imagine they will get into the rotation now!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.