Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Birthday silliness

Church member: Happy birthday! So you're what, 29? (with a grin so I know he's kidding...as if I didn't already!)
Me: Umm...yeah, close enough!
It's the 10th anniversary of my 29th birthday, or yeah, I'm 39 today.
I'm trying to decide what degree of crisis to have next year. I just don't think I have it in me to have major drama.


Who am I kidding? If it's fun, of course I do!

Tonight, we're going out to eat, and maybe to a movie. Or maybe I'll cook. I don't know yet. But regardless, I try to meet birthdays with the same attitude my 90-something year old friend Ruby used to say: "I'm still on top of the ground." And any day on top of the ground and still standing is a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.