Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A little catch up post...

So, today was an anniversary of sorts. Last summer I hit a case of the unbloggables occasioned by a medical issue that turned out to be one of those benign but deeply annoying kinds of things. Today, I had the one year follow-up test to monitor that condition. So much has changed in the last year, but mostly for the good.
Just for fun, I thought I'd give a little recap:
I graduated with my Doctor of Ministry degree from Drew University.
We moved to a new more rural community about 15 miles from my church so Ben could take a new appointment as pastor of a two-point charge. He seems to be enjoying it, and they seem to be enjoying him.
I got to spend some vacation time with Exceptionals One and Two and their parents. We went to the zoo and played with One's dollhouse and listened to Two say, "wow!"
My church family and friends were incredibly supportive and gracious.
I've committed to make a quilt and take a pottery class. I may have accidentally committed to do these things simultaneously. :)
I abandoned my garden (sigh) but moved to a neighborhood where I frequently find bags of home-grown goodness on the back steps and pass not one but two stands which sell locally-grown and regional fresh produce. YUM!
I have been exhausted, physically and emotionally, from this last year. Finishing my dissertation was a chore complicated by writer's block and completed only with the grace of a friend who loaned me her beach condo as a retreat.
I have considered starting a new prayer blog--I think I've got better at it in the last year, and I love to read prayers shared by others--but I think I'm going to wait a while on that. If I can't keep up with this blog, how can I keep another up? I'm still considering it, though.
So for now, I'm celebrating that the past year is, well, past. And I'm pondering new projects and ways of feeding my soul.
Hopefully, I'll blog about them soon. In the meantime, here's a little teaser:
I'm working with red leather, custom-cut vinyl, and crayons.
Perhaps not all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.