Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Pack your bags F5

From Songbird at the RevGals site:

I'm preparing to pack my bags for the Big Event Three, and as I gather what I need I'm thinking about just that: what do I *need* to take with me? As a person who likes to pack light, I worry that in the end I may underpack and wish I had other things with me.  I own the gigantor version of the bag to the right, but my morbid fear of having it go astray and not get to the ship means I'm more likely to try to pack it all in a carry-on bag instead, especially since I have a very tight connection on the way to the cruise. But won't I be sorry if I don't bring _______________?

With that in mind, here are five questions about packing to go on a trip.

1) Some fold, some roll and some simply fling into the bag. What's your technique for packing clothes?
I'm a folder. I've not had much success with rolling. My husbands a flinger, so I'm often repacking his clothes both for neatness and to make enough room.
2) The tight regulations about carrying liquids on planes makes packing complicated. What might we find in your quart-size bag? Ever lose a liquid that was too big?
I've not lost anything yet. I tend to be pretty minimalist in my "regimen" so that uncomplicates my packing: lotion with sunscreen, contact solution, toothpaste, shampoo make it into my quart bag. Often I have room to keep whatever minor cosmetics I travel with, too...
3) What's something you can't imagine leaving at home?
Sadly, I've done this, but the thing I am least likely to get over leaving at home is my glasses. There's always a book, too.
4) Do you have a bag with wheels?
Yes...all my suitcases have wheels. I'm loving that rolling duffle, though.
5) What's your favorite reading material for a non-driving trip (plane, train, bus, ship)?
A novel, almost any type, although I read very few that aren't science thrillers, sci-fi, or fantasy. Love Dean Koontz, especially his more recent works where he does some theologizing.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out Dean Koontz--I may have written him off as too popular... I've got the Janet Evanovich series ready to try the first two. That might be good plane reading?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a novel, a lot, though I find I had better not have a scary one on a plane!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.