Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Doings

There really aren't any.
I no longer do New Year's resolutions, as I find them just an invitation to fail. I don't have that kind of willpower to make some sweeping proclamation. In the last year, I've been through a lot of stuff, both good and bad. I've given up caffeine, with the exception of chocolate, which I will never give up. There's a sweeping statement for you.
Instead, I've got some hopes, some tentative plans, a vague idea of how I'd like to be living at the end of the year. I want to be back on my eating plan and healthier, if not lighter. I want to get my stinking asthma under control, even if that means going back on steroids--and it does. I want to kayak more, take more pictures, walk the dog, finish my dissertation.
That's really, I think, more than enough work for any one year. So I'm just going to kind of see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.