Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Five: Do Nothing Edition

Sez Sally at the Revgals:
I am reading a wonderful little book for Advent it's title: "Do nothing Christmas is Coming!"

So this weeks Friday Five is simple.

List Five things you won't be doing to prepare for Christmas.


There's lots I'm not doing this year. Call this the bronchitis-is-sapping-my-energy edition.
So here goes:

First: I'm not decorating. Way too busy this year, and I'm just not feeling it. I haven't put a real (taller than 3 ft) tree in years, and it's just too much trouble. There *may* be a wreath on my front door. Maybe.

Second: I'm not baking like I usually do (and want to!). I made one batch of cookies last week and one batch of dough, which is still sitting in the fridge. I usually make a tray of goodies for the choir's last practice before the cantata, but I had to let that go last night. I'm hopeful I'll get back to baking next week, but I'm going to (try to) be relaxed about it. No one expects me to do this but me...the one person I have a hard time being gracious to.

Third: I'm not sleeping much Christmas Eve, but for a very good, truly excellent reason--I get to see Exceptional One and Exceptional Two! Missed them so, so much at Thanksgiving, and I only get to stay overnight at Mom's house with them...but I'm very excited. And Ben will meet E2 for the first time.

Fourth: I'm not shopping this Christmas. At least not anymore. My family does relatively small gifts, except for the Exceptionals, and those are all bought. The remainder of my Christmas gift-giving lies in shopping for worthy causes, like the Heifer Project and Nothing But Nets. Not familiar with these worthy causes? Click through. It's good stuff. And don't forget to give locally: if your community is anything like mine, more people are hurting than usual this Christmas.

Fifth: I'm not sending Christmas cards this year. There are too many I'd like to send, and not enough time to do more than scrawl my name. Instead, I'll be praying for each person on my list. This may not save time, but it will save stress and hopefully pay off in other ways as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.