Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Beaufort moments

I'm feeling rather stressed lately as it's become time to actually write my dissertation. That's not going badly only because it's not going at all. So I am cheering myself up with these Beaufort graces:
1: crossing the high-rise bridge this evening in a storm and seeing the Cape Lookout lighthouse's beams reflected in the clouds
2: feeling an almost overwhelming sense of home as I drove into town
3: an object lesson learned last week about making snap judgments about people
4: looking over scrapbook pages from almost 70 years ago with a church member
5: seeing boats and shorebirds and water everyday
and a bonus:
preaching Sunday from a pulpit that Francis Asbury preached from nearly 225 years ago.

1 comment:

  1. you're talented. creative. wise... i'm sure the project is daunting, but i'm equally sure you're up to the task!

    blessings on the writing...

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.