Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

My new home? maybe not

I've been in airports all day! First I got to Jacksonville, NC in plenty of time for my flight to Charlotte. I waited and waited, but there was no plane. Finally it took off about an hour late, leaving me a few minutes late for my flight to Newark.
This would have been a real problem, but even though all the displays said the flight was leaving ontime (necessitating running, sweating, and heavy breathing, all of which I hate to do in airports), the flight was actually itself delayed an hour. So I bypassed the little healthy connection deli and had a chili dog for lunch, and waited and waited to get on the plane.
Finally they let us get on the plane, only to tell us that we will have to wait another hour and a half to take off. Because it was approximately a thousand degrees on the the plane, they let us get back off, so here I am in my new home: Charlotte Douglas International Airport.

There is, of course, the small matter of my class tonight, and my classmates who are coming to pick me up (in the same class, of course). I called after the first delay, and confirmed that we just won't know when I get there until I get there. Joy. I was hoping for an uncomplicated day. Instead, I'm fighting the very strong temptation to go find chocolate somewhere.
I'm thinking I'm going to lose that fight.
UPDATE: I am in New Jersey, finally! Only took 2 1/2 hours longer than it should have. And now I'm back in class.

1 comment:

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.