Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm quotable

Things that make me happy:
Someone liked what I said on here somewhere in a little section labelled "Eureka" about unending need and inexhaustible gift...and she's using it in her worship bulletin: how cool is that!
I am eating the last double chocolate almond biscotti...and I didn't even have to cheat!
I have the evening entirely off, so I am cooking tonight: cookie dough for the freezer to make the holidays easier, beef stew for the weekend ('cause, baby, it's cold outside), and something yummy for supper tonight. Thick-cut boneless pork chops, maybe, brined and grilled.
I love my job. I like what I do. I like the freedom to take a weekday off to spend with my dad. I like living where I do. And I like who I work with; we have an incredible staff, but the senior pastor's the best. Although the financial secretary just came in with coffee...he's the best, too.
I like my things: I have an office full of books and stuff: games and supplies for the youth group, all kinds of resources for missions, books, books, and more books, a basket full of crochet stuff, my new Levenger notebooks and Pilot Varsity fountain pens.

Imagine that. It's a gray, raw, wet, blustery day (love the sound of the church's tin roof), and I'm just sitting here, wriggly-puppy happy and content. Yay for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.