Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Officially published

I have both blogged and written in the church newsletter that I wanted to write...well, I can finally consider myself a published author, or will be able to in a few months.
Several months ago Relevant Magazine online published an article I had written. It was sort of a catharsis, and written in large measure as a response to someone whose life experiences were somewhat similar to mine. I was frustrated because I could see that this person was making some of the same mistakes I had made, and really frustrated because I could not share my experience in a way that made any change in the person's attitude or behavior. They just wouldn't hear it. It was an intensely personal and honest piece of writing, and I was glad I did it, but it is not a piece I would publish here. And no, I'm not going to post it here, or link to it.
Anyway, I never thought anything of it. I was glad it had been accepted, but it wasn't in "print" (I'm an old-fashioned gal that way). Until yesterday, when I was rummaging through the email box and found an email from an editor from a print magazine. She wanted the article, and wanted to pay me for it. So yay! When it comes out, I will be a published author.
Now I just have to keep writing.

3 comments:

  1. Nifty!!!

    (I made it onto Relevant online a couple of years ago, but nobody ever offered to print it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I do feel pretty nifty about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Published and paid--pretty professional!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.