Pages

Friday, August 31, 2007

Summer's End Friday Five

Friday Five: Seasons Change...


It's Labor Day weekend here in the United States, also known as Summer's Last Hurrah. So let's say goodbye to summer and hello to the autumn. (People in other climes, feel free to adapt as needed.)

1. Share a highlight from this summer. (If you please, don't just say "our vacation to the Canadian Rockies." Give us a little detail or image. Help us live vicariously through you!
We escaped to the Outer Banks in June. Subtle difference from where we
are, except Jamie the exceptional was there. Any time I can spend with her
with worth it, and we went to the Aquarium and had some good time
together.

2. Are you glad to see this summer end? Why or why not?
Summer ends rather later here; I'm (not) looking forward to several more
weeks. I'm a cold weather person and it's been brutally hot and humid this
year, which is hard on my asthmatic lungs. But it's been a good summer,
and shaping up to be a decent fall. We've had several beautiful days here
lately.

3. Name one or two things you're looking forward to this fall.
Cooler weather. High school and middle school football and soccer.
Being able to take the dog for long walks. My new classes.

4. Do you have any special preparations or activities to mark the transition from one season to another? (Cleaning of house, putting away summer clothes, one last trip to the beach)
Eventually I'll put the summer clothes away (see #2). For me it's all the
changes in the church; the summer hiatus from Bible study and Family Night meals
is over, and people are sort of more accessible. At least the
winter and year-round folk are. We'll be saying good-bye this weekend
to summer folk.

5. I'll know that fall is really here when
the dog naps in the yard and not in the shed, and I'm ready
to bring out the long pants. Bye, capris!

3 comments:

  1. oh yes the packing away of the capris... wanted to say kudos to you on reading Len Sweet's "Out of the Mystery...etc." good stuff no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect the capris will last longer there than here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat, a trip to the Outer Banks. it must be different to be at a place that you have summer folk come and go.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.