Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Reader's Prayer

If I haven't mentioned it before, I love reading. Books have been among my best friends from early childhood. Someone sent me this by way of Ben:

The Reader's Prayer

The road takes you from there to here.
Here is where you are.

Time takes you from then to now.
Now is what you have.

Language takes you from what you have to what you have to say.
When we meet, this is your gift.

And writing takes you from what you have to say to what you offer strangers, even enemies, in the mystic encounter of reading.

May what you have to say be what we need.

--Kim Stafford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.