After a major scare on Saturday that left us seriously conisdering the implications of my stepmother's advance directive and how broad some of the gray areas can be, she seems to have rallied. She spent Saturday on a Bi-PAP machine that forced oxygen into her, and got her oxygen level back up where it needed to be. Today, she's been back to a "normal" oxygen mask and still done quite well. She's even eaten a little, which is more than she's done in weeks.
She's clamoring to go home. Tomorrow we'll have a conference with her doctor and find out what he thinks about all this. I don't know what to expect; we thought we'd lose her yesterday. If there is no downward change, I'll go home tomorrow and wait for the next thing...but I'm glad I could be here this weekend.