Pages

Friday, June 29, 2007

A new Friday Five

The RevGalBlogPals site makes this a weekly feature...
todays Friday 5:

1. Personality tests; love them or hate them?
Oh, boy, do I hate 'em. I'm too mercurial, I think. And I don't like to be put in a box...I'm supposed to be complicated and mysterious, aren't I?

2. Would you describe yourself as practical, creative, intellectual or a mixture ?
Mixture...not as creative as I'd like, sometimes wildly romantic but generally pretty practical, and I wouldn't like to choose for myself the label intellectual but I can carry on a pretty impressive sounding conversation...

3. It is said that everyone has their 15 minutes of fame; have you had your yet? If so what was it, if not dream away what would you like it to be?
Haven't had it yet. Someday I want to write a book about something. It's the lack of focus that's holding me back. ;-)

4. If you were given a 2 year sabatical ( oh the dream of it) to create something would it be music, literature, art.....something completely different...share your dream with us...
Definitely art, of the artisan variety. I admire tremendously people who can create with their hands. I've never really tried (to be perfectly honest)--I can reproduce what I've seen others do, but creating something that I think up myself may be beyond me. I'd like to try, though.

5. Describe a talent you would like to develop, but that seems completely beyond you.
See my answer to #4. And I'd love to play an instrument. I've tried several and done very poorly, so I don't think that's my best thing.

Bonus question: Back to the church- what does every member ministry mean to you? Is it truly possible to encourage/ implement?
Yes, I think it is possible...I think when we can understand ourselves as all having both tremendous value and fatal flaws, and see each other with a kind of God-vision that sees beauty in/in spite of our imperfections, then perhaps we can offer what we have and appreciate what each has to offer. This may well be one of my wildly romantic moments, but I do think it's possible to value everyone's gifts and share them to the glory of God. What that looks like, I've no clue...chaos or a commune or maybe a church that worships, serves, loves and gives with its whole heart. I think it also looks like fun!

2 comments:

  1. glad you played- some really good answers here , esp. your thoughts about every member ministry- I too suspect it would be messy and difficult- but worth the struggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Messy may well be the perfect term!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.