Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2007

And it was GOOD!

I'm tired, hoarse, and wound up...but the worship service tonight was great. Everything came together. The table looked great, and I think folks got the symbolism of all the different pictures of people, the mirror, the "wormy" cross, and our theme of "Come as you are".
The worship team was great. PowerPoint came together and flowed well...if anything, I have more placeholders than necessary, but no worries. There's plenty of time to fix that. Sound was good, after some issues early in the afternoon. Five:19 (the band) was terrific, and people really seemed to enjoy the music, which makes me happy. Everyone did such a terrific job!
We've really tried to do a new thing, at least for us, and in my reading I haven't found anyone doing quite what we want to, not in the way we want to. It will be fun to see if we are successful at creating a new worshipping body that integrates itself into the life of the larger congregation at Ann Street. No way to tell after just one service, but I'm so excited, and so pleased, and so thankful. I really don't think it could have gone any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.