Pages

Thursday, February 1, 2007

It's a good day...

I saw snow today, on the ground, in little accumulated piles. It's been a couple of years since I've seen more than a flurry. It made me so happy...I love snow, and cooler weather. I know not everyone does, but I really do. I love wearing sweaters and watching tv at night with a blanket (and frequently, a cat) draped across my legs. I love making huge pots of homemade soup and fresh bread (even canned biscuits work) and deciding that the weather's just too bad to go outside.
I know most people like warmer weather. Not me. I was the kid at summer camp who couldn't sleep outside. Being hot at night made me feel sick. I love the beach and the water, but I like them both most when the breeze is blowing, and the air is cool.
Of course, I love a good storm, too. This year's hurricane season was deeply disappointing to me, not because I wanted there to by any damage, but because there's something soothing to me in the fury of wind and waves. When I'm safe inside, and I know that those I love are all right, I can really enjoy lashing wind and rain.
Okay, so I'm weird. I knew this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increasing number of spam comments, I've had to resort to comment moderation. I don't plan to delete any comments that aren't spam, but be nice anyway. My family reads this blog.